This is the official Bo Peep Photography blog spot, where you can keep up to date with everything that has been happening, contact me regarding information or just pop in to have a look... enjoy!

Please don't copy, edit or use any of the images on my blog, as you do not have permission to do so.

Tuesday 27 September 2011

Hands Assignment


Blog Post Number Four


This semester for my final media assignment, I got to choose absolutely anything as long as it was media related. It had to be directed to a client, and had to be something I would work towards all semester. Being me and absolutely loving photography, I chose to incorporate the two things together. I chose to create a photographic exhibition, which would be presented to the public. My photographs will go on exhibition at both Civic Library and Belconnen Library during November and December. The idea/aim for the exhibition was to depict the journey of life through hands.

Why hands you might ask… Last year for a documentary assignment the task was to create a photograph that told a story to its viewers… I chose to take a photograph of a friend’s hands. Scars, wrinkles and freckles anything you find on hands adds to a story.


Once I took this photo and submitted it for the assignment, I did ok… I then entered it in the ACT government’s Life’s Reflections Photographic competition http://www.dhcs.act.gov.au/wac/ageing/photographic_competition this photograph ended up receiving a judge’s encouragement award, and going on exhibition around Canberra for 6 months. I had always had an interest in hands and after this it just added to the interest in hands and the story they tell about a person’s life. So that is the story behind taking a series of hands photographs for my final assignment. The exhibition will consist of 10 black and white photographs which will depict the journey of life.

This week I did my first shoot specifically for this assignment, I shot both Miss S’s hands and my sister’s hands, with many more shoots in the plans… these are the results.





I am really happy with the results and am excited to see how the rest of the photographs will turn out… I am open to any suggestions… and any volunteer models, who will have a photograph taken of them doing something specifically related to them. :D Email me with any suggestions and or model offers :P :D enquiries@bopeepphotography.com



Things to look forward to:

Studio photos of the baby Quails at school :D
My latest photography assignment



Thanks for taking the time to read this :D

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment